What is Equity Release?
Equity release refers to a financial product that allows you to unlock cash from the value of your home. Whatever financial freedom means to you in later life — renovating your home, helping your children, or simply supplementing your income — equity release is designed to help.
There are two forms of Equity Release:
- A Lifetime Mortgage is a long term loan where you borrow money secured against the value of your home to give you a lump sum and/or a regular income. The loan is repaid to the lender when the property is sold, on death, or when you move into long term care. If there is any money left after the loan is paid off, it will go to your beneficiaries. You retain ownership of your home.
- A Home Reversion Plan, 'unlocks' some or all of the capital tied up in your home. It is not a mortgage and involves you selling your home, or a proportion of it, to a home reversion plan provider in return for either a monthly income or a lump sum. You retain the right to live in the property as a tenant (but paying no rent) until you die or move into a nursing home on a permanent basis.
Find out more in our Equity Release Guide's
Independent Mortgage Adviser
Speak to a fully qualified and independent
Invest Southwest adviser today.
Call 01823 353970
Our initial consultation is FREE...
Why choose Invest Southwest?
- We have a team of fully qualified and independent equity release experts
- We are highly recommended by our clients
- We deal with a wide range of products with competitive rates
Call 01823 353970 to find out more
"We were more than satisfied with the service we received. As we were first time buyers, we both had little knowledge in the process of buying a property. You were very patient and went through everything in clear steps until we understood. We would definitely recommend Invest Southwest.
Mr & Mrs B, Bristol
Latest Mortgages Articles
Switch from SVRs for better rates
Navigating the labyrinth of financial acronyms can leave even the ...
Boost the value of your home
Homeowners have benefited from double-digit house price growth in the ...
Mortgage process a mystery to many young adults
It is not only prohibitive house prices and stringent affordability ...
Humble mortgage overpayments add up
A boost in UK savings as a result of reduced ...
Independent Equity Release Advice
Being Independent means we are able to make recommendations after we have assessed your needs, based on a comprehensive and fair analysis of the relevant market. Your home may be repossessed if you do not keep up repayments on your mortgage. The Financial Conduct Authority does not regulate some forms of buy to lets, commercial mortgages, secured loans or bridging loans.
Equity Release may involve a lifetime mortgage. To understand the features and risks, please ask us for a personalised illustration. Check that this type of mortgage will meet your needs if you want to move or sell your home or you want your family to inherit it.