Remortgaging - How does it work?
Remortgaging is where you take out a new mortgage, on a property you already own and have a mortgage on. The new mortgage takes the place of the mortgage you originally had on the property.
You could save money or find a product which better suits your needs by remortgaging your home. Suitability will very much depend on your specific circumstances.
Is remortgaging suitable for me?
- The introductory deal on your current mortgage is due to end soon and you’d like to avoid being transferred onto your lender’s Standard Variable Rate (SVR).
- You want to consolidate multiple other debts.
- You need money to fund home improvements.
- You have a large expense coming up, like a wedding or school fees, or you want to help your children with a deposit.
Remortgaging is not suitable for everyone and we recommend that you speak with an adviser as there are a number of things you should think about before making your decision.
Find out more in our Mortgages Guide
Independent Mortgage Adviser
Speak to a fully qualified and independent
Invest Southwest adviser today.
Call 01823 353970
Our initial consultation is FREE...
Why choose Invest Southwest?
- We have a team of fully qualified and independent mortgage experts
- We are highly recommended by our clients
- We deal with a wide range of products with competitive interest rates
Call 01823 353970 to find out more
"We approached Invest Southwest regarding the re-mortgaging of our property. We found them very friendly and extremely professional to deal with throughout and they made the whole process seamless from start to finish. They listened to our needs from the start and worked with us to provide a very satisfactory outcome which we recently completed. We would highly recommend."
Latest Mortgages Articles
Economic Review - November 2023
OBR cuts economic growth forecast Revised forecasts from the Office ...
Home insurance claims?
Home insurance offers protection against the most likely things that ...
Residential Property Review – November 2023
Residential supply and demand less downbeat According to the ...
Commercial Property Review – November 2023
ESG credentials come to the fore in the industrial and ...
Independent Mortgage Advice
Being Independent means we are able to make recommendations after we have assessed your needs, based on a comprehensive and fair analysis of the relevant market. Your home may be repossessed if you do not keep up repayments on your mortgage. The Financial Conduct Authority does not regulate some forms of buy to lets, commercial mortgages, secured loans or bridging loans.