Remortgaging - How does it work?
Remortgaging is where you take out a new mortgage, on a property you already own and have a mortgage on. The new mortgage takes the place of the mortgage you originally had on the property.
You could save money or find a product which better suits your needs by remortgaging your home. Suitability will very much depend on your specific circumstances.
Is remortgaging suitable for me?
- The introductory deal on your current mortgage is due to end soon and you’d like to avoid being transferred onto your lender’s Standard Variable Rate (SVR).
- You want to consolidate multiple other debts.
- You need money to fund home improvements.
- You have a large expense coming up, like a wedding or school fees, or you want to help your children with a deposit.
Remortgaging is not suitable for everyone and we recommend that you speak with an adviser as there are a number of things you should think about before making your decision.
Find out more in our Mortgages Guide
Independent Mortgage Adviser
Speak to a fully qualified and independent
Invest Southwest adviser today.
Call 01823 353970
Why choose Invest Southwest?
- We have a team of fully qualified and independent mortgage experts
- We are highly recommended by our clients
- We deal with a wide range of products with competitive interest rates
Call 01823 353970 to find out more
"We approached Invest Southwest regarding the re-mortgaging of our property. We found them very friendly and extremely professional to deal with throughout and they made the whole process seamless from start to finish. They listened to our needs from the start and worked with us to provide a very satisfactory outcome which we recently completed. We would highly recommend."
Latest Mortgages Articles
Are your home contents worth more than you think?
In January this year, a team clearing out the home ...
Economic Review - April 2022
IMF cuts growth forecast The International Monetary Fund (IMF) has ...
Residential Property Review – April 2022
Supply shortages fail to blunt sales Low availability is once ...
Commercial Property Market Review – April 2022
Industrial space in high demand in Q1 Elevated occupier demand ...
Independent Mortgage Advice
Being Independent means we are able to make recommendations after we have assessed your needs, based on a comprehensive and fair analysis of the relevant market. Your home may be repossessed if you do not keep up repayments on your mortgage. The Financial Conduct Authority does not regulate some forms of buy to lets, commercial mortgages, secured loans or bridging loans.